click "like"!

2010年11月8日 星期一

The government house!!!

Do you know that…..
The main building of Government House was constructed in 1855 in neo-classical style, incorporating rich colonial characteristics. Over the years, major renovation and alteration works were carried out by various Governors to suit their personal style and needs.The two biggest changes took place in 1889-1891 and during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong in 1942-1945. In 1889, during the governorship of Sir William Des Voeux (1887-1891), an annex was built on the eastern side of the House to provide more space for social functions. The annex, almost as large as the House proper and linked by a covered stairway, was composed of a ballroom on the upper floor and a supper room below. The project proceeded quickly and was completed in 1891.

On Sunday, it’s a sunny day!
We enjoy the wonderful day and go to Government House as it’s the house open day today. And there are a lot of flowers in the house. Some flowers that I never seen before. Still many type of flower would always appear in the public. However, I don’t recognize which is luxury or common type. When I take some photos on some flowers, the auntie speak loudly and said the flower always can be saw on the street. It is very common! Then, I stop my action quickly as I was taking the most common type of flower at that time.



Here is government car! As you can see, the car is attached with the Hong Kong medal. I believe you can’t buy in the public market. And the silver car is operated by electric power. When I saw this car at first time, I really want to drive it. Do you want to obtain one?






Nepenthes Alata is very special plant in
government house. And I love this plant very much. As it’s very special plant to whole house. And the color I love very much.








Posted by Chan Man Yin

沒有留言:

張貼留言